The North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) is always an event full of talent and creativity, and this year is the culmination of skills that have left us in AWE!
2017 marks 28 years of the NAHA awards as the prime platform of everything that is hair artistry and ESTETICA is excited to share with you the 2017 winners!
Organized by PBA, NAHA is undoubtedly the most prestigious photographic beauty competition in North America, celebrating the artistry and skill of the professional salon industry. As the pinnacle achievement for professional hairstylists and makeup artists, past and present NAHA entrants, finalists and winners continue to push the boundaries of trend-setting style.
The 2017 NAHA Awards Ceremony gathered more than 3,000 people last night at the Mandalay Bay Resort in fabulous Las Vegas and was presented by the one and only Eden Sassoon, daughter of the legendary Vidal Sassoon and founder of nonprofit organization Beauty Gives Back and contributor to The Thirst Project. The gala also included amazing live presentations by Matt Swinney, Moroccanoil, Mizani USA, Living Proof, the Beauty Underground Artistic Team, and Antoinette Beenders & the Aveda Artistic Team.
One of the highest honors of the night was the Lifetime Achievement Award given to the one and only Sam Villa, co-founder of Sam Villa Pro and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken – a truly hair icon recognized as one of the beauty industry’s most notable artists and educators. With more than 40 years of experience as a leading stylist, mentor and businessman, Sam Villa said: “I’ve had the privilege of finding great purpose through a lifelong passion to teach and of finding great joy in inspiring others to follow their creative path.“
Congratulations to all of the winners below!
- Avant-Garde Hairstylist of the Year // Chelsea James
- Haircutting // Anica Iordache
- Editorial Hairstylist of the Year // Heggy Gonzalez
- Haircolor // Matt Swinney
- Hairstylist of the Year // Mio Sota
- Makeup Artist of the Year // Florencia Taylor
- Master Hairstylist of the Year // Damien Carney
- Men’s Hairstylist of the Year // Whitney Vermeer
- Nail Professional of the Year // Rochelle Dingman
- Newcomer Hairstylist of the Year // Junryl Molina
- People’s Choice Award // Blushes Salon
- Salon Design Award // Broome Street Society
- Salon Team Award // Evolution
- Student Hairstylist of the Year // Aisling Campbell
- Texture Award // Julie Kocanyar
- Styling & Finishing // Diana Skrabanek
Missed the show? Watch the entire event on demand at NAHALive.com