Hailee Steinfeld nailed the magenta carpet in a bold & edgy look at last night’s 2017 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada. Hailee’s stylist Gregory Russell used Matrix’s Style Link and Biolage R.A.W. lines in order to achieve her slicked back loose cascading waves.
“Hailee’s style was inspired by her sequined David Koma gown. I wanted to be sure to give her a modern look with varying textures that would pair perfectly,” says Gregory.
STEP BY STEP
– Start by washing and conditioning hair with Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner.
– On damp hair, apply Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse from root to end.
– Spray Matrix Style Link Heat buffer on hair then blow dry away from the face and through the ends using a large round brush.
– Select a deep part.
– Taking 1 inch sections at a time, curl hair (all in the same direction) with a 1.5″ iron, pinning each curl to cool and set.
– Once cooled, brush out the waves and apply Matrix Style Link Over Achiever through the ends to add structure and shine.
– Apply Matrix Style Link Super Fixer gel through the roots to hold the hair away from the face and use flat hair pins to set.
– Diffuse the gelled areas for 10 minutes then spray with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer for hold.