Legendary singer Celine Dion stunned the red carpet at her Met Gala debut paying homage to designer Rei Kawakubo with an awesome do’ created by Brent Lawler for Alterna Haircare. Learn HOW TO!
“This was Celine’s first Met Gala, and she really wanted to pay homage to Rei Kawakubo and absolutely loves fashion and couture – so she wasn’t afraid to push the envelope and enjoy fashion. We played off her super dark hair and created a structured look that was a bit like a headpiece. She’s an artist and is very hands on, so she was very involved in the process,” says Brent Lawler.
1. On wet hair, I prepped the hair with Alterna Haircare Caviar Satin Rapid Blowout Balm from mid-lengths to ends apply Caviar Thick & Full Volume Mousse on roots of the hair and began to blow dry with a big round brush. Even though we’re pulling the hair back, it was important to give the hair luster and a high quality.
2. Once dry, full of body and smooth, I tied it back high into a ponytail. To make the edges of the ponytail free from flyaways, I used a small spritz of Caviar Working Hair Spray – it’s important to use a dry spray for a look like this so it won’t weigh the hair down.
3. Around the hair line to keep it clean, I used a small amount of Caviar Style Grit to keep any edges going back into the ponytail.
4. To protect it from the heat, I used the Caviar Perfect Iron Spray and flat ironed certain pieces of the hair to create an avant garde structure.
5. The pieces we flat ironed we formed into chignon-like pieces and pinned, and secured with Working Hair Spray.
6. Being the night of all fashion nights, shine and couture were key! Caviar Omega+ Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist gave it beautiful shine without adding any weight – luminous yet weightless.
Photos: Getty Images