For last Monday’s Met Gala, Allison Williams walked the red carpet in beautiful glam waves by stylist Rebekah Forecast. Rebekah used Matrix’s Style Link & Biolage R.A.W. lines to achieve her look – learn HOW TO!
“To find inspiration for Allison’s look I studied the runway shows of Rei Kawakubo throughout the years and her influential label, Comme des Garçons. The designs are quite wacky and very sculptural so I embodied this with sculpted waves. All the while, keeping the look soft and beautiful to honor the classic Diane Von Furstenberg gown she wore.”
STEP BY STEP
1. To prep dry hair, apply Matrix Style Mineral Airy Builder foam for texture and Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer for protection and smoothing.
2. Create a side part and comb Matrix Style Link Skinny Blowout Queen around the hair line creating waves and giving the hair direction.
3. Spray with Matrix Style Link Volume Fixer hairspray then use a ¾ inch barrel curling iron to curl hair and pin each piece up, letting this sit for 30 minutes.
4. To create texture, work Matrix Style Link Mineral Grip Definer through the hair and brush so waves slap straight up.
5. Smooth flyaways and ends with Matrix Style Link Over Achiever 3-in-1 cream paste.
6. Tease hair where you want the volume to hold and use minimal pins to hold hair in place, spray the hair once more with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer finishing hairspray.
7. Lightly spray Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil Mist through the ends to create a beautiful shine.