Celebrity makeup artist Tarryn Feldman and celebrity hairstylist Kristen Carbine styled Maddie & Tae for the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards. Nominated for Vocal Duo of the Year – the Nashville Glam stylists reveal how they created each of their looks step by step.
Tae’s Hair by Kristen Carbine:
1. Starting with damp hair, spritz Oribe’s Maximista Thickening Spray and rough dry with the Bio Ionic 10X Ultralight Speed Dryer.
2. Create slight bend in the hair with CHI’s G2 1″ Ceramic and Titanium Digital Hairstyling Iron.
3. Backcomb the roots all over the crown. Apply CHI Dry Shampoo combined with Kevin Murphy HAIR.RESORT for texture, gathering all of the hair into a high messy bun. When you pull the hair into the bun, leave the ends flowing out in the back.
4. Pull down whispers to frame the face and spritz with CHI Spray Wax for a city swept look.
5. Add a hair accessory under the bun.
6. Finish with CHI Hairspray and secure bun with bobbies.
Tae’s Makeup by Tarryn Feldman:
“Tae’s dress inspired me to do a bronze metallic eye and keep her look fresh. I used all Makeup Geek shadows (Goddess, Rose Gold) which are perfect because they last and the pigments are great! Instead of a full lash, I did Ardell’s wispy individuals to keep it more natural. I used Makeup Revolution USA’s Blush Queen Palette to keep the glow going. I’m so obsessed with this look.“
Maddie’s Hair by Kristen Carbine:
1. Starting with damp hair, spritz Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray and Kevin Murphy UN.TANGLED.
2. Blow dry with the Bio Ionic 10X Ultralight Speed Dryer and a medium Turbo Round Boar Brush by CHI.
3. Use CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray for heat protection while styling.
4. Alternate between the T3 1″ Wand and the Bio Ionic 1″ 10x Pro Styling Iron. It is important to make sure all sections are styled away from the face.
5. Add tease and laced hair extensions to add volume. Side part.
6. Add in CHI Spray Wax and ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray while lightly texturizing the hair with your fingers.
7. Finish off with White Sands Infinity Hairspray for a flexible hold with shine.
Maddie’s Makeup by Tarryn Feldman:
“For the carpet, I wanted to create a really clean & fresh look because the dress is such a statement. She already has such beautiful skin so I wanted it to show and not cover it up with too much glam. I love using Becca’s Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation on Maddie because it’s sheer and glowy. She has the perfect skin for it. I used a lot of shimmer products like Makeup Revolution USA’s Blush Queen Palette to give her even more glow. I kept her eyes clean, lots of lash and neutral lip to tie everything together. I love it!“