This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on soft romance at Dior’s FW 2017 Show. Learn HOW TO get the look!
“It’s very soft, dreamy, romantic hair here at the Dior show. I’m using tissues for texture for an uneven, real feeling to the hair versus using a curling iron, which can look a bit more mechanical and precise. Using a tissue is a bit of an old-fashioned way of doing hair. You take the tissue, roll it up into the hair and twist the hair around, using a flat iron to heat the section. Using uneven sections gives you a lightness and soft beauty to the hair. I’m using Wind Blown 05 to add a bit of soft texture to the hair. We’re finishing off the look with a black leather beret,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK:
– Prep hair with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse the hair and add softness and shine.
– Create a natural messy part using fingers. Allow hair to air dry.
– If needed, create a slight bend in the length using a curling iron.
– Divide hair into 8-10 big sections, depending on thickness, and spray Wind Blown 05 in the hair beginning with the roots, to the midsection, then all the way to the ends.
– Randomly take each section, twist and roll up hair using a tissue. Clip hair with a bobby pin and clamp each section with a flat iron for a few seconds.
– Leave hair to set for 20 minutes.
– Undo each section, and gently blow dry the top of the head to help the hair fall downwards.
– Brush hair gently using a boar-bristled brush to give a natural, flowy look.
– Finish by lightly spraying Wind Blown 05 for added texture and hold.