This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on colorful sex appeal at Versace’s FW 2017 show, along with celebrity colorist Josh Wood who created fascinating, technicolor hair extensions for the models. Learn HOW TO!
“Here at Versace, it’s always a glamorous, sexy look. She’s sort of tough, but with a touch of sexuality with her hair and her attitude. We put vibrant color hair extensions into the hair, which Josh Wood colored. This is really what we’re seeing on the street: girls using hair color as almost a type of cosmetic. We’ve placed colored extensions into about 20 of the models’ hair for a touch on individuality. Donatella chose the 20 girls to color, which was not designed to match the color of the clothing, but rather to bring it out. I’m using Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer in the hair then finger drying it to create a bit of easy texture,” comments Guido.
GET THE LOOK
– Prep hair with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse the hair and add softness and shine.
– Create a center part using fingers.
– Add a touch of Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer to soften hair.
– Allow hair to dry, and rough dry hair at the end with fingers.
– Take clip-in extensions (we recommend having the stylist dye them with Redken City Beats vibrant semi-color collection) and clip them underneath the first layer of hair to give peeks of color.
– For a light hold, finish with a spritz of Fashion Work 12 Hairspray.
Photos: Getty Images