This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on dark romance at Alberta Ferretti’s FW 2017 Show. Learn HOW TO get the look!
“It’s classic Ferretti this season… the hair is very romantic. I was inspired by Venice and its romantic charm. There is a dark, gothic side to the look with the makeup, which the hair accentuates. I’ve curled the girls’ length for added texture then spritzed Wind Blown 05 all throughout the lengths for a drier texture. The braid is soft, loose, with nice pieces pulled out at the front – it’s really a look that any woman could recreate,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK:
– Prep hair with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse the hair and add softness and shine.
– Create a center part using fingers.
– Allow hair to air dry. If hair is straight, use a curling iron on the length to add a little bit of texture.
– Spray Wind Blown 05 all throughout lengths, ends and at the crown for a dryspun, windblown texture.
– Loosely braid the length, starting at the nape of the neck until the ends of your hair. Secure with a black hair tie.
– Using fingers, pull out face-framing pieces around the crown and around the ears.
– Use a few bobby pins to pin back 1-2 face framing pieces, slightly behind each ear for a romantic look.
– For a light hold, finish with a spritz of Fashion Work 12 Hairspray.
Images courtesy of Redken