This season, The Blonds is about the intricate details of the clothing, including some reptile prints with embroidered pearls. The designers, Phillipe and David, mentioned Erté as a reference, iconic movies, and heroic women in film as inspiration behind the collection.
Lead hairstylist Kien Hoang used Oribe Hair Care to create a futuristic look. The hair was sculpted into an elegant side twist and directed forward, then molded into snake-like shapes which framed the face for a Medusa-esque look. “The shape is a tight, skinny asymmetric side twist,” he explained.
Get the Look!
- 1. Apply Maximista Thickening Hairspray at the roots combing the hair over the crown to one side.
- 2. Gather hair at the nape on the right side of the head, and twist it up into a ponytail, then pin.
- 3. Pull the ends of the hair from the ponytail forward toward the face.
- 4. Sculpt the ends with Rock Hard Gel and create “snake-shaped waves” that frame the front of the head and sides of the face for a 3-dimensional look.
- 5. Finish with Superfine Strong Hair Spray and Shine Light Reflecting Spray for hold and sleekness.
Photos: IMAXtree.com/Lisa Richov
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW!