For Milly’s FW’17 collection, the models graced the runway in playful, multifaceted, chic outfits with vibrant colors and textures. The off-the-shoulder button-ups, sequin dresses and structured materials harmonized with a dewy make-up look and hairstyle which emphasized each model’s innate beauty.
Milly designer, Michelle Smith worked alongside Wella Professionals Lead Stylist, Bob Recine to create a “fractured, ballerina style look that embodies the saying, ‘less is more’ appearing as if some models had styled their hair on their own.” As Recine stated, “The clothes themselves are very abstract and kind of fragmented so we wanted the hair to match that.”
Get the Look:
1. Prep hair by applying an ample amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Boost Bounce throughout the entire head, starting from root down. PRO TIP: “Apply the mousse on dry hair instead of damp or wet hair to give it better texture and chunkier pieces. Water dilutes product and hair doesn’t take shape until it’s dry.”
2. After application of the mousse, spray Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm Hairspray onto hands and apply to the same areas as the mousse was applied. PRO TIP: “The combination of the Wella mousse and hairspray creates a cocktail effect for added texture and hold.”
3. Lightly blow dry hair upwards to avoid disrupting the texture of the look. The final result should be a slightly messy, textured finish. Next, pull hair back into a ponytail and secure with a black bungee.
4. Separate the ponytail into two sections, twisting one section clockwise and the other counterclockwise and secure with bobby pins. For added hold, apply Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm Hairspray.
5. Allow the hairspray to set and finish the look by misting ample amounts of Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist throughout the entire head for runway ready shine.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW!