The premiere showing of Section 8 for Fall/Winter 2017 referenced the blurred lines of the socioeconomic juxtaposition of fashion. The designer created a line that mixed different elements in an untraditional way, disregarding how things are typically done.
Lead hair stylist Jawara for R+Co worked with the designer to create a ‘Deconstructed Dominican Blowout’ in which the look embodies an Uptown New York style on a downtown girl. “Some of the elements of the show is to add weird elements,” mentioned Jawara. “When your hair is rolled, there are bumps and dents, and we want that. It gives it a little bit more character, and that’s what Section 8 is about,” Jawara described.
Get the look!
1. Start by saturating the hair with DALLAS Thickening Spray ($28) from roots to end.
2. Blow-dry hair with a round brush, over directing the hair up and against the shaft to create body and volume.
3. Spray GRID Structural Hold Setting Spray ($29) throughout for memory and hold.
4. Section and pull hair into large rollers. While in the rollers spray, hair with VICIOUS Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray ($29) for added hold.
5. Unroll hair from rollers, and leave down and loose.
6. Depending on how heavy hair is, finish with a bit of ROCKAWAY Salt Spray ($25) if needed, for added texture.