This season the Michael Costello collection was about glamorous, sexy vixens. Lead stylist Kien Hoang used Oribe Hair Care to create what he describes as a “rock and roll feel” with the hair by creating afro textures on the models’ natural hair. Learn HOW TO!
Get the Look with Kien Hoang:
1. Section off a mohawk so that the hair is divided into sections.
2. Starting in the front, spray hair with Impermèable Anti-Humidity Spray and do a tight figure 8 set by winding the hair in and out to create a zig zag pattern. Secure with large U pins, and diercting the pin set going forward.
3. Repeat throughout the entire head.
4. After all the hair is pinned, press a flat iron on the hair to apply heat. “Setting the hair like this gives it texture to help create the look,” Kien explained.
5. Once cool, remove the pins and apply Swept Up Volume Powder Spray (launching in April) at the roots. “This product is amazing to exaggerate volume,” Kien added.
6. Brush out the crimped texture and then shape the hair with Free Styler Working Hairspray (launching in April). “Free Styler is an invisible, working hairspray that gives light hold,” Kien noted.
Photos: Lisa Richov