Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines North America, created a whimsical Double Suebian Knot for Katie Gallagher Fall Winter 2017 show yesterday at New York Fashion Week. Watch the video below and learn HOW TO recreate the look!
“Katie’s Fall/Winter collection was inspired by this idea of a chic New England girl with an edge. We envisioned her running out of the house, throwing her hair up in a bun with a beanie and scarf. This image inspired me to create a look with a modern twist on the classic up-do. We kept the hair sleek in the front, as it would naturally be if left under a beanie and elevated the bun with a Suebian knot. I love the way this look came together and always enjoy working with Katie,” said Lead Stylist Joseph DiMaggio.
- 1. Start with clean hair and part in the center.
- 2. Layer Davines More Inside This Is A Medium Hairspray throughout hair for added hold, spraying from a good distance back.
- 3. Section by section, backcomb from ends to midshaft. Once desired volume s achieved, flat iron and brush out each section.
- 4. Pull hair into a low pony and secure with an elastic.
- 5. Twist the pony into a Suebian Knot by twisting the hair into a loop. Fit the pony through the loop and continue wrapping the pony around the loop.
- ***PRO TIP: divide hair into two pigtails for a chic, double Suebian Knot pairing if you have thicker hair.
- 6. Apply Davines Your Hair Assistant Blowdry Primer at the part and smooth down hair in this area for a sleek finish.
- 7. Repeat steps with the other half of the hair.