For the 51st Super Bowl Half time show, Lady Gaga blew us away with her looks, dance moves, and amazing performance! Matrix partnered with Lady Gaga’s stylist Frederic Aspiras to achieve her looks. Learn HOW TO!
In addition, Matrix Artistic Directors Nick Stenson and Danielle Keasling along with a team of Matrix Artistic Educators, Lauren Vega, Victor Mendoza, Guillermo Pieri, and Vicky Yeremchuk styled the dancers’ looks. Check our gallery below!
Frederic Aspiras used Matrix’s Style Link, Bond Ultim8, Color Sync Watercolors and Biolage R.A.W. lines in order to achieve Lady Gaga’s looks!
LADY GAGA – HALF TIME SHOW
“Earlier this week after we aligned on the style, we touched up her blonde to ensure it was bright for this big night. I used Light Master mixed with Matrix BOND Ultim8, which protected her hair bonds and prevented damage during the processing. I love it because it doesn’t take any extra time, you can just add it to your color formula! We also dip dyed her ends a pastel pink with Matrix Color Sync Watercolors.“
“For tonight’s performance, we had to ensure her flowing hair tendrils stayed flowing and in place. It is important to know how to layer your hair products and Matrix products make it very easy for you to do that,” says Frederic Aspiras.
Lady Gaga’s First Look:
1. Wrap hair up into a French twist knot and secure with pins. The traditional but simple twist, leaving the ends out and make them into a knot. This allows for the hair to drop and still be bouncy and smooth.
2. Once up in the French twist knot, spritz with more Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray to tame any fly aways and loose pieces.
Lady Gaga’s Second Look:
1. Blow drying and hot tools can wreak havoc on your hair, especially if you do it every day. Wash with Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Recover Shampoo and Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Re-Hab Mask. Basic fundamentals of good hair is healthy hair.
2. After cleansing, detangle and towel dry. Apply Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Dry Texture Foam from root to tips.
3. Section hair accordingly and blow dry using a large boar bristle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer to each section as you dry. Layer Matrix Style Link Smooth Setter to the mid-section and ends to add that extra hold and smoothness.
4. Blow dry the sides of hair away from the face, the back sections downward flipping out the ends, and the top of head forward then rounding it up.
5. Curl the top and sides of the head using a medium barrel curling iron. Curl the back of the head using a large barrel curling iron. Pin the curls with clips as you go.
6. Allow the curls to cool for about 10 minutes. Remove clips and brush out with a large paddle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to the whole head then piece out curls and style away.
7. Once you have finished, give the look a good shot of Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray.
– Apply Lightener formula approximately 1 to 2 inches off scalp to create a shadow base. Lighten to pale yellow or up to 50 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Cleanse and towel dry.
– Next, melt two formulas together by applying Formula B to the mid-lengths and Formula C to the ends, process up to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Apply BOND Ultim8 Step 2 and process for 10 minutes. Rinse, cleanse and condition with Total Results Color Obsessed Shampoo and Conditioner.
2 scoops Light Master & 2 ½ oz. 20 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
1 ½ oz. Color Sync SPGV & 1 ½ oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
1 ½ oz. Color Sync Clear & ¼ oz. 10P & ¼ oz. Watercolors Quartz Pink & 2 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1