Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a bold urban punk-inspired look to emphasize a wild, rebellious attitude at the Sacai Fall/Winter 2017 show. Learn how to get the look!
“I was inspired by both urban punk and Johnny Rotten at Sacai this season. We used a heavy amount of Redken Wind Blown 05 to give the hair a really dry, rough texture and added a thin elastic headband to open up the face and make the hair appear shorter and tufty. The women in the show received a similar treatment, with the elastic added around the neck for control and to give a modern confrontational resolution,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK!
– Start with dry hair.
– Use a heavy amount for Redken Wind Blown 05 to give a lot of texture with hold in order to easily shape the hair.
– Take a hairband elastic and pull the hair back from the temples for a smooth look at the front.
– As needed, pull out small pieces of hair around the ears for additional texture.
– Using fingertips, create piecey texture at the back of the head for a punk vibe.
– Set the look with Redken Triple Take 32 Spray Extreme High Hold Hairspray.