Celebrity hairstylist David Antunes gives the intricate details on how to recreate the classic slicked-back look with the secret to maintain the shape and leaving your girls with the model-level attention!
It’s an easy trend to follow, you just have to make sure to use the right styling product that stays pliable! For this slicked type of look David Antunes recommends Truss Professional Acqua Gel – a flexible gel that gives the appearance of being wet because the gel contains large amounts of water and holds it in the hair!
Let’s Get Started with David Antunes!
1. “First, start with a small amount of Acqua Gel to wet /or damp hair and comb through. Run it as close to the scalp from the front to the back in smooth tight motions. You are now ready for your blow out: blow dry hair away from the face until fully dried. Once hair is completely dried, brush carefully to make sure it is knot free! Now, it is time to Tease!”
2. “Using a teasing brush, take down the top center section of the hair and backcomb sections, starting from the back of the hair and working forward giving the hair some height. Brush back and make sure it is smooth!
3. “Apply Acqua Gel by Truss to the sides working your way into the back of the hair. Disclaimer*** You DON’T want to apply gel to the length of the hair (that will make it crunchy and unnatural.) Make sure you focus on the sides since this will create the wet look that you are looking for!”
4. “Using your fingers comb hair again from front to back to make sure to eliminate any bumps and to create a smooth texture.”
TIP*** “Your fingers are your best styling tools to smooth any fly-aways and to give it a more natural look. Do not touch allow to dry!”
5. “Finish with a hairspray! Acqua Gel’s formula promotes long-lasting shine, prevents split ends and restores strength. It contains a Fixation Polymer that builds body and smoothness, while conditioning and providing flexible hold and it is alcohol-free.”
Aesthetically, this slicked look will definitely show off one’s best features while ultimately achieving the goal of a polish sophisticated wet look!