Balayage looks are still all the rage but traditional lighteners can leave you more enraged as this open-air painting technique can get messy. Now creating those natural-looking blends of highlights for that ultimate look of sun-kissed perfection are easier than ever with NEW Joico FreePlay Clay Lightener.
FreePlay’s clay-based formula adheres to strands yet remains supple, allowing you to paint your way through the most creative Balayage and free-hand techniques. New FreePlay gives you the control and freedom you need to lift hair up to 7 levels… WITHOUT foils, swelling, flaking, dripping, or drying-out!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
● Soft-solid clay texture stays put while lifting UP TO 7 LEVELS
● Ultimate control for Balayage and other freehand techniques
● Contains Aloe Leaf Juice – helps keep hair moisturized during processing, so hair feels nourished and looks healthy post-service
Made with Kaloin, a fine naturally occurring clay, Joico FreePlay has the flexibility to morph from soft powder into a spreadable paste, making it ideal for thickening FreePlay Clay Lightener to your preferred consistency – with no product transfer!
– Mix FreePlay Clay Lightener (1:1) or (1:2).
– Off-scalp use only: Mix 1 scoop of FreePlay with 1 to 2 oz of 10 (3%), 20 (6%), 30 (9%) or 40 (12%) Volume LumiShine™ or Veroxide® Developer. Mix to desired working consistency.
– Process for up to 60 minutes at room temperature. We do not recommended using heat. Once desired lift has been achieved, rinse hair well, then follow with K-PAK® Color Therapy™ Shampoo and Conditioner.
– Use non-metallic bowl for mixing.
– Use on natural or colored hair.
● Visualize where you want the light in your design FIRST.
● Keep it natural: Think about where the sun would lighten the hair naturally!
● Start mid-length and sweep upward toward the root area, then downward toward the ends.
● For an uber-natural sun-kissed look, sweep FreePlay into a V-shape (the V connecting and pointing toward the ends).
● Leave the center of your section natural and don’t paint all the way to the root.
● Development time depends on both the condition of the hair and your desired level of lightness.
● Check hair every 5-10 minutes during processing.
The Joico Paint Board is ergonomically designed for the ideal surface to control and isolate your sections during freehand painting – helping to control and maintain tension for perfect placement! The angled and tapered flexible bristles on the Joico Angled Paint Brush allow for precise placement and control. It features a long narrow handle perfect for sectioning.
Joico FreePlay Clay Lightener (1.0 lb., $26.00 Salon Price), Joico Paint Board and Angled Paint Brush ($5.00 and $2.70 Salon Price, respectively) are available as of January 2017. See the how-to video with Denis de Souza coming in January 2017 at Joico.com, and stay up-to-date with more on Joico’s lighteners with videos and step-by-steps by downloading the JoiColor System Mobile App today, available through the Apple App Store and Google Play, or go to Joico.com/joico-products/haircolor/