As the winter season quickly approaches, so do the droves of clients looking to go dark! While it’s not quite seen as the “rule,” (winter blondes are on-trend!), many still find this to be the prime opportunity to explore their darker side.
Channeling her inner Belle, actress Emma Watson transitioned from her own summery blonde to a gorgeous chocolate brunette, just in time for the upcoming release of her starring role in the highly-anticipated, live-action film ‘Beauty and the Beast.’
WANT TO RECREATE THE LOOK? PRAVANA Artistic Educator Lissette Cruz put together the below formula using ChromaSilk ColorLush to help you recreate Emma’s shade and get rich, high-shine color.
ChromaSilk ColorLush Formula:
– ¾ ColorLush Chocolate Truffle + ¼ ColorLush Golden Goddess
– ¾ ColorLush Golden Goddess + ¼ Chocolate Truffle
– ColorLush Double Latte + 1 dose of ColorLush Color Boost in Gold
1. Beginning with pre-lightened hair, apply ColorLush Golden Goddess to the fringe. For a lighter look around the face, apply to the entire hairline. Section can range from 1-2 inches from ear to ear.
2. Create a shadow root by applying ¾ ColorLush Chocolate Truffle + ¼ ColorLush Golden Goddess to about 2-4 inches off of the scalp. The longer the shadow root, the more lived-in the look.
3. Apply ¾ ColorLush Golden Goddess + ¼ ColorLush Chocolate Truffle through the midshaft.
4. On the ends, apply ColorLush Double Latte + 1 dose of ColorLush Color Boost in Gold.
5. Process for 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition with PRAVANA NEVO Shampoo and Conditioner.
6. Style as desired.
Stylist Tip: To help your client maintain the rich tones, send them home with the PRAVANA NEVO Color Enhancer in Cocoa Brunette.
Photo: Getty Images