Tonight the winners of HJ’s 32nd British Hairdressing Awards, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional, were announced in style! Discover the 16 winners!
Set in the luxurious Great Room of the Grosvenor House Hotel a JW Marriot Hotel in London’s Park Lane, the brightest event in the British hairdressing calendar was a night not to be missed. For one hairdresser in particular, it was a magical moment in his professional career when his name, Angelo Seminara was announced as the British Hairdresser of the Year 2016 – this is the 4th time Angelo conquers this coveted award!
Each year professionals from all over the UK showcase their skills and love for their craft in photographic entries. There are nine regional categories covering all areas of the UK and six specialist categories that recognize the skills required in specific disciplines. Hairdressers from any UK salon can enter the British Hairdressing Awards and compete evenly with the biggest names in the industry as the anonymous, independent and audited judging process ensures complete fairness for all.
The winners of the 2016 British Hairdressing Awards are:
- HJ’s British Hairdresser of the Year 2016: ANGELO SEMINARA
- Afro Hairdresser of the Year: Robert Eaton & Karla Ancliff-Smith @ Russell Eaton
- Artistic Team of the Year: Angelo Vallillo Academy Artistic Team
- Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year: Indira Schauwecker @ Toni&Guy
- Men’s Hairdresser of the Year: Terri Kay & Andrea Giles @ Mark Leeson
- Newcomer of the Year: William Lamb @ Daniel Granger Hairdressing
- Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year: Robert Eaton @ Russell Eaton
- Eastern Hairdresser of the Year: Joseph l’Anson & Lisa Graham @ Mark Leeson
- London Hairdresser of the Year: Luke Benson @ D&J Ambrose
- Midlands Hairdresser of the Year: Nick Malenko & Sophie Beattie @ Royston Blythe
- North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year: Joseph Ferraro @ Joseph Ferraro
- Northern Ireland Hairdresser of the Year: Julian Dalrymple @ The Sitting Room Hairdressing
- North Western Hairdresser of the Year: Marcello Moccia @ Room 97 Creative Hairdressing
- Scottish Hairdresser of the Year: Suzie McGill & Dylan Brittain @ Rainbow Room International
- Southern Hairdresser of the Year: Anne Veck @ Anne Veck Salons
- Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year: Steven Smart @ Smartest 73
ENJOY THE WINNERS’ GALLERY BELOW!
Photos: Instagram @hairdressersjournal