Cosmetologists Chicago (CC) recently installed its new Board of Directors and Officers at the 2016 Annual Business Meeting. These salon owners and professionals volunteer their time and leadership to develop and to guide the association’s services to its 14,000+ members.
Included among the many services are continuing education, legislative representation, networking, scholarships and great networking among salon professionals.
One of the most important responsibilities of the Cosmetologists Chicago Board of Directors is the oversight of all facets of America’s Beauty Show. The 2017 Show will be held March 25-27, 2017, at McCormick Place in Chicago. America’s Beauty Show attracts more than 60,000 salon professionals, educators and cosmetology students; plus, 400+ leading manufacturers and distributors of salon products, equipment and services.
The Board of Directors of Cosmetologists Chicago for 2016-18 includes:
- • President – Larry Silvestri, Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas, Chicago
- • Vice President – Karen Gordon, J. Gordon Designs, Chicago
- • Secretary – Robert Passage, Pivot Point International, Chicago
- • Treasurer – Lorrene Conino, Salon Lorrene, Palatine, IL
- • Immediate Past President, Denise Provenzano, Zano Salons & Spa, Naperville, IL
- • Director – Christopher Damolaris, Frank Gironda Salon & Spa, Naperville, IL
- • Director – Coral Lahiani, CLIAC Training Center @ Good Hair Daze, Chicago
- • Director – Kathy Jager – Kathy Jager & Associates / Pro’s 15110 Salon, Oak Forest, IL
- • Director – Chris Valavanis – Vanis Salon & Day Spa, Schererville, IN
“Cosmetologists Chicago is a forward-thinking, action-oriented network with an unlimited future that has a great history in the professional salon industry,” said newly installed CC President Larry Silvestri. “It is through the dedication and continued support of our Board of Directors, all enthusiastic salon owners and professionals, that our association is able to effectively serve the needs of our industry.”
“I am thrilled that Larry will succeed me as president of CC,” said immediate past-president Denise Provenzano. “He is a strong asset to our Executive Committee, Board of Directors and, especially, to the thousands of members of Cosmetologists Chicago.”
Cosmetologists Chicago is an association of salon professionals, whose members include licensed cosmetologists, estheticians, nail technicians, salon owners and cosmetology students. In addition to Cosmetologists Chicago, the recently elected CC officers and Board of Directors will also govern specialty groups including the International Nail Technicians Association (INTA) and the American Association for Esthetics / CIDESCO USA (AAE).
Cosmetologists Chicago supports all salon professionals with opportunities to collaborate with their peers and to experience monthly education to advance careers. CC supports all cosmetologists though the expansive America’s Beauty Show, March 25-27, 2017. More information can be found at AmericasBeautyShow.com