Last night, MIZANI Global Artistic Director César DeLeön Ramirêz styled R&B singer Ciara’s stylish ponytail for the American Music Awards. Lean HOW TO!
“For Ciara’s AMA’s look last night, I wanted to do something that would complement her beautiful dress. I generally like to keep things simple so that they don’t compete, but instead complement the overall look. My vision was a long messy ponytail with a 70s inspired fringe,” said MIZANI Global Artistic Director César DeLeön Ramirêz.
1. To start, Cesar used the MIZANI Thermasmooth System to blow out Ciara’s hair smooth with his ghd blow dryer.
2. He then center parted her fringe area and sectioned out hair around her face to create a Face-Frame later. For the ponytail, he sectioned her head into two parts front and back.
3. Using his ghd paddle brush, Cesar brushed back and secured the back section into a ponytail – this was to create a base right at the center back of her head.
4. Next, he attached a “Faux Cesar-Do Pony Tail” which he custom colored to blend with her beautiful blonde color. To hide and blend the faux ponytail, he incorporated the remainder of her hair into the ponytail creating one big sexy, messy pony.
5. Cesar then cut her fringe to really frame her face and give her a nice, sexy 70s inspired fringe. To really get a straight and incredibly shiny finish, he used his ghd flat iron on the ponytail and on the fringe area.
6. Unfortunately yesterday was a rainy day, but lucky for Cesar he had his MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist to feel secure and hold his “Cesar-Do” in place.
- Photos: Instagram @cesar4styles