This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on slicked back hair at Givenchy’s PFW SS 2017 Show. Learn HOW TO recreate the look!
“For this season at Givenchy, we’re creating a very futuristic, helmet-like look. I’m using lots of Hardwear gel directly onto the hair to make an almost cat-like, mannish shape. The gel is really the star product here in order to achieve this super strong look in the hair,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK: SLICKED HELMET HAIR
1. Comb hair outward, working from the crown towards the face.
2. Pull the length of hair around the head and secure at the nape of the neck into a low ponytail.
3. Liberally apply Redken Hardwear 16 onto a fine-tooth comb and comb through the crown of the head to smooth and define the shape. Add more gel as needed for even coverage
4. Starting at the forehead, pull out two horizontal sections of hair on the right side of the face, and one horizontal section of hair on the left side of the face. Use more gel to create a wave in the strands and slick hair down creating sideburns for a masculine look.
5. Wrap length of ponytail up into a knotted chignon and secure with hair pins.
6. Finish the look with a heavy spritz of Redken Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist. Allow to dry completely to help fully set.