Celebrity stylist Laurie Heaps created Rowan Blanchard’s messy top knot for an event celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Preen this week. Learn HOW TO!
1. To begin, spray wet hair with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Styling Spray for shine creating thermal guards and rough dry hair with the CHI Touch 2 Touch Screen Blow Dryer.
2. Next, pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic band. The key is not to make it perfect or too tight.
3. Then, twist the pony and wrap it around the base to create the bun and secure with hair pins.
4. Pull on the sides of the bun to create the shape and mess it up a bit. Start pulling on the knot with your fingers at the sides first and then at the top. “To make it perfect on your first try, I like it when the shorter pieces poke out a little,” explains Laurie.
5. Finish the style off by misting Redken Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Hairspray.
Photos: Instagram @amystrozzi