More than 400 salon owners, stylists and friends of the industry attended Idealogue: The Social Media Sessions featuring Gary Vaynerchuk this past weekend (October 21-22) in New York City.
Luxury Brand Partners (LBP), in conjunction with American Salon, brought together the leading minds in social media to explore the importance of technology, content creation, originality and leadership in the digital marketing era.
The sold out event took place at Canoe Studios and gained notable engagement on LBP’s social platforms, including:
● #LBPidealogue and #idealogue – 1,748 uses
● LBP Insta Story – 1,700 viewers
● Post Engagement on LBP’s Facebook Page (from the start of the event):
● Likes – Up 2,300%
● Reach – Up 555%
● Post Engagement on LBP’s Instagram Page (from the start of the event):
● Loves – Up 272%
● Comments – Up 375%
Idealogue opened with a keynote speech and Q&A session with media expert, entrepreneur, four-time New York Times best-selling author and host of the #AskGaryVeeShow, Gary Vaynerchuk (@garyvee).
Additional notable speakers from an array of industries include:
- ● Gordon Miller (@gordnm), publisher of American Salon and VP of Integrated Media
● Gerard Scarpaci (@gerardscarpaci) and Randy Taylor (@randytaylorfoto), co-founders of Hairbrained.me
● Nina Kovner (@passionsquared), owner of Passion Squared, a company dedicated to helping creative small business owners and artists
● Pope the Barber (@popethebarber), owner of VACTN Barbershop
- ● Alexis Thurston (@alexisbutterflyloft), co-founder and vice president of Pulp Riot color line, Butterfly Circus and Butterfly Loft Salon
● KL Christoffersen (@mermicornhair), creator of Fluid Hair Painting
● Riawna Capri (@riawnacapri ) and Nikki Lee (@nikkilee90), celebrity stylists and founders of the NineZeroOne Salon and The Beauty Coach
● Mark Bustos (@markbustos), hair artist and humanitarian
● Frankie Greek (@wtfrankie), social media manager and Snapchat producer
● Darnell Holloway, director of business outreach, Yelp
● Harry Bee Bernstein (@happybeeenyc), social personality and official Snapchat creative partner
In addition to unparalleled networking opportunities, branded memorabilia and cocktails, attendees engaged with the experts through panel discussions, TED-style talks and interactive conversations tailored specifically to the industry and its changing needs. The event also marked the official launch of LBP’s EmpowHERment Project, whose mission is to promote the equal recognition and mentorship of our industry’s talented women—both behind and in front of the chair.