Matrix worked with Anna Kendrick’s stylist, Craig Gangi who used Matrix Style Link products in order to achieve her look for the Trolls movie premiere last night. Learn HOW TO!
Inspiration: “Her dress is soft and sweet so I wanted to rough up her hair to compliment it in an edgier way,” says Craig Gangi.
1. Apply Matrix Style Link Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream to damp hair. Blow dry straight with a round brush. “Anna has naturally coarse, curly hair. Smooth Setter was perfect because it gave a satiny finish without weighing it down at all.“
2. When completely dry, flat iron all hair straight. Spray each section with Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray before running through with the iron to protect from heat damage. “Even though her hair is curly, it’s fine. It’s so important to protect it from heat but with a lightweight product.”
3. Once hair is straight, create a middle part. Then take small, random sections around the head and crimp from root to end.
4. Pull hair back into a low ponytail. Create different textures within the ponytail by crimping and flat ironing alternating pieces.
5. Crimp a large section and wrap around the elastic. Secure with pins.
6. Tease the ponytail and then spray Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray all over to lock in the look.