This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on futuristic hair at Alexander McQueen’s PFW SS 2017 Show. Learn how to recreate the look!
“It’s a very sculptured hair, specific to the head shape here at Alexander McQueen. In England, girls used to have this feathered cut, very extreme, which was almost cropped and long on the sides. My inspiration was taken from that shape, which has an interesting futuristic twist to it, while at the same time the hair also feels a bit medieval,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK: FUTURISTIC, SCULPTURED HAIR
– Starting with dry hair, draw two off-center parts with a fine-tooth comb creating a faux Mohawk with the center section of hair measuring about five inches wide.
– Use the comb to narrow the mid-section as it moves down the back of the head and length of the hair.
– Heavily spray Redken Forceful 23 on the mid-section of hair starting at the back of the head below the ears moving up to the forehead, using enough product to soak hair for extreme hold.
– Section off two pieces of hair on either side of the face, pulling hair taught down the jawline in front of the ears to create a strong, masculine look. Spray more Redken Forceful 23 to hold hair in place.
– Finish by spraying Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist over the length of the hair to emphasize sheen and texture.
Photos courtesy of Redken