Karen Cunningham, National Artist for KMS California, was inspired to create a gorgeous, yet unexpected look with shorter hair. Karen created this choppy, textured bob by cutting it with scissors after it was styled. Learn HOW TO!
Get the Look!
1. First, wash and dry the wig with HAIRPLAY texture shampoo. Dry upside down.
2. Next using ADDVOLUME body build detangler, set random pieces on the interior, using a rick rack technique. This involves using a hair pin and wrapping a piece of hair around it in a figure 8 motion.
3. Then, pour boiling water over wig to set the hair and let it dry.
4. Release the set, brushing the hair upside down.
5. To finish, after securing the wig on the model, use clippers to cut bob shape, leaving lots of choppy bits for texture. Use HAIRPLAY playable texture to mold into place.
- Makeup: Megan Wrigley
Photographer: Andrea Urbinati
Model: Brittany Rose
Hair: Karen Cunningham
Styling: Karen Cunningham