This season in Milan Fashion Week, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on 1920’s elegance at Prada’s SS 2017 Show. Learn HOW TO!
“We’ve done a classic Prada look at the show. We created a side part that looks very masculine, secured with a bobby pin that has a very smooth texture. We’ve also cut about 7 girls’ hair into a masculine bob, for a very classic, very 20’s, 30’s look. It’s fun to see that kind of classic, simple cut again. It looks so smart, chic and elegant. Some of these girls had very long hair before we cut it for the show. It’s because of this simplicity and slight hit of masculinity that to me it feels new in some way, resulting in a very classic, hard woman. I think how simple the style and overall look is actually makes quite a statement,” says Guido.
Get the Look!
1. Use a spray water bottle to dampen a blunt bob cut.
2. Pump a pea-size amount of Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow Dry Lotion and smooth on to the roots and top of hair.
3. Create a deep left side part using fingers.
4. Dry hair with a boar-bristled brush, keeping the top of the hair flat.
5. Once hair is dried, use fingers to dab ends of hair with a little water to give a natural look.
6. Secure hair with single bobby pin for a polished effect.
Photos: Getty Images