This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on shiny, layered hair at Christopher Kane’s SS 2017 Show. Learn HOW TO!
“Here at Christopher Kane, we’ve actually cut a lot of the girls’ hair with a razor to create a boyish, 70’s sideburns look, with the rest of the hair left long in the back for a feminine twist. For the look, we’ve used Control Addict 28 Spray to create a deep side part. We then drenched the hair in Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist to give it a really shiny appearance. It gives a bit of a grungy, shiny, flat appearance to the top of the hair. It’s amazing how just cutting a few pieces around can totally change a face. The girls all seemed to be up for the trim – it’s good to see for girls with long hair, how they can keep the length but totally change their look with these face-framing pieces,” said Guido.
GET THE LOOK: SHINY, LAYERED HAIR
1. Razor-cut hair around the hair line to create layers and more dramatic sideburns by pulling out the hair from behind the ears and cutting a bit around the face with a razor.
2. Use Redken’s Control Addict 28 Extra High-Hold Hairspray all over the crown to secure the style and create a stronger look.
3. Use hands to smooth hair down to achieve a flatter look at the top.
4. Spray a good amount of Redken’s Shine Flash 02 all over the hair to give it a really shiny appearance.
5. Part hair in a deep side part to finish.