Last Sunday, for the 2016 Emmy Awards, Ariel Winter’s stylist, Aviva Perea used Matrix’s NEW Style Link Blow Out Queen Cream line to blow dry her hair, as well as the rest of the Style Link line in order to achieve her look – learn HOW TO!
Inspiration: “Ariel is wearing a gorgeous statuesque gown, so we wanted to keep the hair and makeup shiny and minimal. I really wanted to make sure that her hair was super shiny to work with the shininess of the dress. I also wanted to make sure the chignon stayed in place for 12 hours to last through the parties, so the products I used were VERY important,” says Aviva Perea.
– Start with clean wet hair and apply a healthy dose of Matrix Style Link Blowout Skinny Queen from roots to ends to create a perfect base and help control flyaways. Dry hair smooth with a large round brush.
– Spray Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray from middle to ends and run a flat iron through hair. NOTE: The Heat Buffer protects the hair from heat damage and the iron activates the shine.
– Then apply Matrix Style Link Super Fixer Strong Hold Gel through hair from roots to ends. Use a mixed bristle flat brush and gather hair into three low ponytails at the base of the neck and secure each with elastics. Divide each ponytail into two pieces and twist them onto themselves.
– Wrap each section into a bun and shape them into a low twisty chignon. Secure with many hair pins and bobby pins.
– Finish with a healthy pump of Matrix Style Link Gloss Booster and smooth the product on the front of hair for extra shine and flyaway control.
Photos: Getty Images