On September 13th, URBAN ZEN, a brand based on a philosophy of living by Donna Karan, presented the Fall 2016 ‘The Alchemist Collection’ at the Urban Zen studio.
The collection was presented in a modern day desert oasis, complete with a falcon, featuring shades of black, brown, and burgundy. Nomadic elements of layered knits, luxurious cashmere sweaters, reversible suede to shearling jackets, iconic suede and crepe leggings speak ofpersonal passions. All in all, a Fall collection designed to be a woman’s shelter in a storm and the calm in the chaos.
Acclaimed hairstylist Jorge Luis for L’ANZA Healing Haircare created two different styles. The first with luxurious, long cascading hair with a raw, desert-inspired organic texture. The second featured sensual, loosely pinned topknots with strands casually escaping down the back of the neck.
“My inspiration was the nomadic spirit of the desert,” said Jorge Luis, “with hair that looks naturally healthy and beautiful but with a unique kind of raw, simple texture that has each strand flowing randomly. In fact, both styles evolved from the idea of this organic, wind-blown hair, and that raw texture was the focal point of the look.”
“The key to creating this effect was a different kind of cocktailing technique with products applied from the inside out and close to roots,” said Jorge Luis. “I mixed two contrasting products in my palm to keep the texture strong yet smoothly soft: L’ANZA Dry Texture Spray and L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment. I used only my fingers to style the hair, no brushes or combs. Finally, to intensify the color of the hair and brighten it, I finished with a lightmist of the clear new L’ANZA Color Illuminator Hair Brightening Spray.”
How the Look Was Created:
1. Mix a good-sized amount of L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Dry Texture Spray with a small amount of L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment in palms, and apply to almost–dry hair to create texture, hold, and keep it soft.
2. Work deep under hair and at roots, starting at the back, massaging in with tip of fingers.
3. Rough-dry product into hair using blow-dryer aimed in random directions to set the product in (repeat the process for fine-textured hair).
4. For the loose, windblown bun: Randomly draw up the hair and create a ponytail at the crown. Take medium sections, tease the hair, and spray teased sections with L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Dry Texture Spray. Create a loose bun, making sure to let the hair flow naturally and allowing loose strands to escape back down the neck.
5. For longer textured looks: Mix three products in your palm: L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Dry Texture Spray, L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Lustrous Finishing Spray, and a touch of L’ANZA Keratin Healing Oil Hair Treatment.
6. Tweak and pinch surface of hair with fingers around the front, then more lightly on rest of hair. This gives hold with an interesting “raw” texture with a healthy shine. “Make sure the look does not look overdone in any way, making sure to keep things soft,” said Jorge Luis.
7. Finish all looks with a diffuse misting of clear new L’ANZA Color Illuminator Hair Brightening Spray to intensify and refresh haircolor and to brighten the hair under the lights.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW!
Photo Credit: Tim Regas for L’ANZA