Camo, blazers and subtle hints of red, white and blue—the Veronica Beard SS2017 collection is pure, classic Americana. Beaming with body and shine, Oribe Educator and lead stylist Kelly Peach created a romantic, modernized take on the classic 1970s wave, featuring a severe side part and messier finish.
Get the Look!
1. Prep hair with Maximista Thickening Spray at the roots and blow-dry into hair.
2. Create a mohawk section on top of the head that goes all the way down to divide the hair into three sections.
3. Curl mohawk section horizontally with a 1 1/2-inch iron, clipping each curl in place as you go.
4. On the side sections, curl hair away from the face using a 1-inch curling iron.
5. After hair cools, remove the clips and apply Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray to a Mason Pearson brush. Brush through the hair to add light shine and hold.
6. Apply Dry Texturizing Spray to the roots for texture and movement.
7. For an imperfect finish, spray Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray into hands and lightly apply to the ends for separation and pieciness.
Photos: Matte Productions