To play off of the effortlessly chic trend, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on texture at #NYFW Baja East’s SS 2017 Show – Learn HOW TO!
“We’ve kept the hair really natural. As a result, every model has an individual look. The thing that really unifies all the models is the bandana – which actually adds a bit of masculinity to help give each girl a more androgynous look. It’s funny how putting a scarf around the hair can really add some masculinity with a bit of a hippie vibe. I’ve added a good amount of our Diamond Oil High Shine Air Mist into the lengths to give the models a bit of a sweaty look, like maybe they’ve been out all night dancing, so it doesn’t feel too pretty. The heavy shine with the bandana helps add some weight to the look,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK: EFFORTLESS CHIC
1. Prep hair with Beach Envy Volume Texturizing Shampoo to help enhance its natural texture. Allow hair to air dry.
2. Part hair in a messy middle part.
3. Take a bandana and fold it in a large fold. Tie it tight across the forehead behind the head to add a strong, hippie chic look.
4. Use hands to pull at random strands across the part for a messy, effortless look.
5. Finally, spray Diamond Oil High Shine Airy Mist throughout the bottom half of the length. Mist length with water for a messy, shiny look.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO!