To celebrate different types of beauty, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on individual hair texture and style at Akris’ SS 2017 Show during New York Fashion Week – learn HOW TO!
“What we’re currently seeing as a trend on the runways are girls featured with their own ‘look’. Bringing out the girls’ individualities is so important to designers now. The designers are all casting very different girls – different hair textures, haircuts and hair looks to celebrate individuality. It’s amazing when you let your hair dry naturally. A lot of women don’t know what their natural texture is really like – they’re so used to blow-drying and styling, that they might have amazing texture and never know it. At this show, we’ve celebrated each girl’s natural texture. Of course, you can use products to control frizz and texture, like our Diamond Oil, but it’s great to see how your hair naturally falls. A great part, great color, great shape and great layers will all help your hair fall beautifully on its own,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK: NATURAL, UNDONE BEAUTY
1. Prep the hair by washing with Beach Envy Volume Texturizing Shampoo to enhance natural texture.
2. While hair is still wet, use a dime-sized amount of Diamond Oil to help lock in moisture. Then let hair dry naturally.
3. While hair is drying and is still slightly damp, pull hair into a loose bun, add a few clips to create waves, and leave in for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Take hair out of the loose bun and create a messy, natural middle part.
5. Use fingers to separate and loosen waves to give a natural, undone look.