Did you know that September is one of the most popular months to tie the knot? Beauty services play a huge role in weddings, and catering to brides is one of the easiest ways to take advantage of a market that can significantly increase your bottom line!
Millennium Systems is a company that has access to raw data, but it is some seriously juicy data when it comes to hairdressers! In their blog, The Business Side of Beauty, we found out that September is the month of brides. But what are the secrets for breaking into this market? Here, we share with you some juicy advise from Millennium Systems, which we think will help you become the hairdresser of brides, which mean a very good financial return!
If your business is a popular wedding day vendor, you’re familiar with the potential revenue, new clients, and client referrals bridal parties can bring. However, if you haven’t fully tapped into the wedding market, it may be hard to know where to start, or how to best market what your salon or spa can offer.
Here are some ways to take advantage of wedding season!
1) UNDERSTAND THE JOURNEY. In order to best market to brides, you must first understand their journey in the wedding-planning process. Many brides will start to book wedding appointments a year in advance, and it’s not just the day-of appointments. In order to look picture perfect on their wedding day, many brides will plan an extended timeline of beauty services that include teeth whitening, facials, spray tans, hair appointments, makeup trials, eyelash extensions, and much more.
2) MAKE LOCAL CONNECTIONS IN THE WEDDING INDUSTRY. If you’ve been a bride, you’ve probably noticed that many vendors who service weddings promote the businesses they partner with on their website and in their wedding marketing materials. Creating relationships with other local vendors in the wedding industry such as photographers, caterers, and wedding planners will help you form a network for recommendations. These mutually-beneficial relationships can help you land more wedding party bookings from vendors who are familiar with your services.
3) PARTICIPATE IN A BRIDAL SHOW. Face-to-face interactions are great ways to sell yourself and your services, and bridal shows are perfect opportunities to put your salon or spa’s name in front of up-and-coming brides and potential clients. They are also optimal places to make those local industry connections that we mentioned above. As a way to attract new business, consider giving brides a discount if they book at the show. Don’t forget to bring lots of materials with you to market your business, such as flyers, pens, and wedding-themed promotional items. Since bridal shows are big on giveaways, consider offering a complimentary bridal hair trial. Also, bring a few models with you to do live demos to attract more attention and show off your beautiful work.
4) DEVELOP WEDDING PACKAGES. Creating all-inclusive packages to make your business a one-stop-shop is a great way to attract brides. Specifically catering the name to some of your services on your website (e.g. bridal hair) will help brides who are doing wedding planning research. Brides want their special day to run as smoothly as possible, so catering to as many of her needs (within reason) will help make you a strong contender when she books her wedding appointments. Wedding packages for bridal parties are also very helpful and beneficial to not only attract new brides, but to also ensure that their bridesmaids are included. Now you have new business and potential retention with the whole bridal party.
5) COLLECT TESTIMONIALS. Testimonials from other brides are great for attracting new wedding parties. Brides are more likely to trust a recommendation from their peers, than your other wedding marketing techniques. Display your testimonials on your website, social media accounts, and on any wedding-related marketing materials you have.
6) MARKET ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Social media platforms show future brides what you’re made of! Posting before-and-after photos can help a bride imagine how beautiful she can look on her wedding day. A majority of wedding planning consists of dreaming how the entire day is going to happen, so solidifying the abilities of your stylists through visually engaging social media posts will help seal the deal.
Weddings are a huge part of the beauty industry and worth tapping into! While it may just be one bride’s special day, if you market your services right, you can book a number of appointments throughout her year of planning – ultimately increasing your FOV and profits for the year.
For more information, useful data and business advice, check out Millennium Systems blog here.
If interested in their amazing salon services, check out their website and register now!