13th Annual Gala featured Beauty Industry Icons and Hollywood Legends Fran Drescher, Michael Jai White, Marie Osmond, John Paul DeJoria, Leeza Gibbons, Chyler Leigh, Kathy Buckley, Ruth Roche, Robert Lobetta, Martin Parsons, and more!
Beauty industry royalty walked the red carpet with Hollywood superstars at the Paul Mitchell Schools’ 13th annual FUNraising Gala, held May 15 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, CA. The black-tie event capped off two and a half months of cut-a-thons, fashion shows, princess parties, and thousands of other “FUNraisers” held by over 14,000 future professionals and team members from the 110 Paul Mitchell cosmetology schools. This year, they raised over $1.5 million, bringing their 13-year total to $16.7 million!
Co-hosted by Celebrity Apprentice winner Leeza Gibbons and Paul Mitchell Schools’ Dean and Cofounder Winn Claybaugh, the Gala celebrated the top FUNraising schools and other major contributors, including the artists and educators who donated their time and talent to the campaign, and the winners of the “First 100” contest—the first 100 students and team members who raised at least $3,000 were invited to attend the Gala, a “meet and greet” photo op, and a day of hands-on education the next day with celebrity stylist Ruth Roche, Paul Mitchell Global Director of Film and Motion Takashi Kitamura, Paul Mitchell Global Artistic Director Robert Cromeans, and world-renowned inspirational speaker Tim Storey. It was also an opportunity to mingle with some of the industry’s leading icons and artists, including Robert Lobetta, Martin Parsons, Sam Brocato, Jeanne Braa Foster, Hollywood Hair Guy Dean Banowetz, Ellen DeGeneres’s hairdresser Laini Reeves, Dancing with the Stars Emmy nominee Melissa Jaqua, and Melissa Yamaguchi.
The evening included a hilarious comedy routine by Paul Mitchell School owner and standup comic Dante Carter, plus entertainment by the James Garner Tribute to Johnny Cash band. Winn and Leeza introduced the 9 charities and their representatives, including John Paul DeJoria (Food 4 Africa), Fran Drescher (Cancer Schmancer), Marie Osmond (Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals), U.S. Army Master Sergeant Cedric King (Gary Sinise Foundation), Michael Jai White (CAST, the Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking), Kathy Buckley (No Limits), Seth Maxwell and Supergirl star Chyler Leigh (Thirst Project). Magic Johnson (Magic Johnson Foundation) was unable to attend the Gala but he appeared the following day at the Paul Mitchell School Owners conference.
2016 Top 20 FUNraising Schools
- 1. Parisian Beauty Academy, A Paul Mitchell Partner School $42,146
- 2. Paul Mitchell The School Jacksonville $37,178
- 3. Paul Mitchell The School San Diego $36,355
- 4. Paul Mitchell The School Tulsa $35,897
- 5. Paul Mitchell The School Las Vegas $34,000
- 6. Paul Mitchell The School Michigan $31,927
- 7. Paul Mitchell The School Fresno $31,000
- 8. Rudy and Kelly Academy, A Paul Mitchell Partner School $28,509
9. Paul Mitchell The School St. Louis $28,469
10. Paul Mitchell The School Fort Myers $27,100
11. Paul Mitchell The School Fayetteville NC $25,713
12. Michael’s School of Hair Design, A Paul Mitchell Partner School $25,492
13. Paul Mitchell The School Phoenix $25,150
14. Paul Mitchell The School North Haven $24,563
15. Paul Mitchell The School Danbury $24,520
16. Paul Mitchell The School Dallas $24,091
17. Paul Mitchell The School Temecula $23,803
18. Paul Mitchell The School Charlotte $23,277
19. Paul Mitchell The School Chicago $22,823
20. Paul Mitchell The School Salt Lake City $20,294
For more information about FUNraising please visit www.PaulMitchellSchoolsFUNraising.org