This year, Ciara dazzled at the 2016 Espys Awards, so it is only appropriate that MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez styled the singer for this annual groundbreaking event in our culture where so much is celebrated.
To learn how to recreate the look, just follow the steps below and see below on how he achieved the look using MIZANI products.
“For tonight’s Espys look, I wanted to try something very different from what we’ve done in the past. Ciara’s dress was very elegant and although I wanted a polished look, I still wanted to keep it young and fun. Once I saw the cut of her beautiful Cavalli dress, I knew I wanted to play around with a faux bob,” says MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez.
– Starting on dry hair, Cesar prepped Ciara’s hair for blow drying by using MIZANI Thermastrength Heat Protecting Serum. This product is lightweight and protects the hair strands from heat damage. He then blew the hair out till it gained more body.
– Once done, Cesar began to back comb, also known as teasing, the roots starting at the lowest section and worked his way up to the crown. This technique creates a cushion once you begin pinning up the hair.
– Cesar then rolled up the ends of her hair and pinned them under to create the shape of the bob.
– Next, Cesar brushed the top section of hair, that was not teased, over the pinned portion allowing her short layers to hide what’s underneath and really take the shape of a bob.
– Soon after, Cesar used his One Styling Flat Iron to add waves around Ciara’s face.
– To finish, Cesar sprayed MIZANI HRM to provide weightless hold and prevent frizz throughout the night.