Christian Wood for Moroccanoil created a sophisticated updo to enhance the beauty of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at the MET 2016 Gala, inspired by the theme: Manus x Machina: Fashion in the Age of Technology.
“As soon as I saw the stunning Ralph Lauren gown, I knew the hair needed to be simple, clean, and elegant. Old Hollywood with a modern twist,” explained Wood.
– Start by applying Moroccanoil Treatment Light onto damp hair to add shine and create the perfect foundation for styling. For thicker hair, use Moroccanoil Treatment Original.
– Blow-dry hair using a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Round Brush. Once hair is completely dry, create a deep side part using the Moroccanoil Tail Comb.
– Mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and brush behind the ears.
– Add a small dab of Moroccanoil Molding Cream on the palms of your hands and gently glide over the top of the head to remove fly-aways and give hair hold.
– Using the comb, scoop hair up into a ponytail and secure with bungee elastic for extra security. Gently comb out any ridges.
– Create a classic chignon by wrapping the hair around the ponytail and tucking in the ends. Use small pins to secure.
– Spray all the hair with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine to add an extra boost of shine and gloss
– Finish the look by spraying the ends of a make-up powder brush with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and dust over the entire head to tame any stray hairs.
Kevin Mazur for Getty Images/2016 Met Gala/ 5 years Global Rights, ending May 2, 2021.