Last Sunday, Ciara hosted the Billboard Music Awards and the hostess with the mostest did not disappoint. She had her hairstylist, Mizani Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez, on hand to help transform her hair into five amazing looks!
“The point of the night is that I could go through multiple looks using MIZANI HRM and the hair is always reworkable, manageable and never feels heavy,” said MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez. See below for step by steps to achieve each look and Cesar’s secret for quickly switching up all of Ciara’s hairstyles!
RED CARPET LOOK
– Cesar prepped her hair for texture, mold-ability and hold with MIZANI Foam Wrap. Then he brushed everything into a middle pony, but instead of pulling the hair all the way through like a typical ponytail, he stopped and left the hair looped through and disheveled.
– To add a twist of unexpected surprise, Cesar added a BUNNY&SKULL handmade clip in FauxFringe.
– He finished with MIZANI HRM for light hold and anti-humidity protection.
– For the opening look, Cesar set Ciara’s hair in a large pincurl set. Next, he lightly sprayed each section with MIZANI Thermasmooth Shine Extend Anti-Humidity Spritz and set it with a large barrel iron, then pined in place.
– Once cooled, he brushed out for a smooth bouncy style.
– Cesar used MIZANI HRM while brushing to lock out humidity and hold with soft style and incredible shine.
– For look two, Cesar deep parted the hair into a side part and then gathered the hair loosely to one side.
– He then added a BUNNY&SKULL pre-fishtailed faux braid that connects to the hair tie. He wove her hair through the braid for a flawless transition. To finish, he set the look with MIZANI HRM spray for a soft hold.
– For Ciara’s next look, Cesar wanted to add more of a rocker vibe.
– He added a wave texture with his One Styling flat iron using his Sform technique.
– Then working off a deep side part, he brushed and added MIZANI HRM Spray into the hair for a voluminous texture.
– For Ciara’s last look, Cesar center parted her hair and flat ironed everything smooth.
– He tucked each side behind her ears and used hairpins horizontally to secure each side.
– Cesar used added MIZANI HRM Spray with a large makeup brush.
– This technique smooths away flyaways, adds a stronger hold and adds shine.
Photos: Getty Images