For Kristen Stewart’s Met Ball 2016 hair look, celebrity stylist Adir Abergel for Pai-Shau created a futuristic cyber updo inspired by the dramatic black-silver Chanel dress that she wore as well as from memories of his first encounter with the edgy technology of the late 80’s.
The look was raw, deconstructed and striking. Kristen’s hair color was bleached blonde with contrasting darker roots. Hair was directed up and accented by twisted knots with spiky ends and a defined cornrow side braid. The style was a modern, edgy take on the punk and hacker-chic styles of that era.
Creating the Look
– “I started with Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex. I love the beautiful, weightless foundation it gives. It also primed and hydrated Kristen’s newly-bleached hair so the texture was smooth and shiny, almost like virgin hair, so it was easier to style.”
– “I took a handful of Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse to give the hair body and the right structure, working it in from roots to mid length. Next, I blow-dried it up and away from the face, using a diffuser, to create some volume and to lock in the deconstructed texture. I then very loosely let the bottom section fall down naturally while the rest of the hair was put up into the futuristic updo.”
– “Once the hair was dry and ready to be put up, I took the top sections and gave them a light tease at the root. I then made random knotted twists and secured them with hairpins, making sure that the ends stayed out for a bit more of a spiky feel.”
– “I continued creating the knots with spiky ends all the way around, and for a final accented detail I made a corn row braid on the right side of Kristen’s head.”
– “I finished with a weightless spray of Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray for flexible hold and all night memory.”
● Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion is an innovative ultra-lightweight rejuvenating multipurpose primer for every hair type that contains the highest concentration of Pai-Shau’s Signature Exotic Tea Complex, washes out easily and will not build up on the hair. Advanced binary delivery technology ensures greater potency and nourishes the hair’s structure inside and out, attracting moisture and then locking it inside the cuticle. Fortified with antioxidants and amino acids, Biphasic Infusion surrounds hair with a sheer veil of shielding properties known to provide thermal and environmental protection.
● Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse offers a new kind of volume that does not weigh hair down, yet adds moisture, bounce and natural shine to the hair. The unique Signature Exotic Tea Complex infused formula also contains Vitamins B, C and E as well as panthenol to improve condition. Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse long-lasting mousse provides style memory for all hair types, from fine and straight to curly and wavy. It gives body and soft structure to create a wide range of hair looks from soft, tousled beach looks to sophisticated updos, while helping to seal in moisture and fight frizz.
● Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray provides flexible hold for soft, natural looks, beachy waves, or tousled styles without artificial-looking stiffness, flaking, or weight. Alcohol-free, they work on all hair types and textures, as well as color treated, delicate relaxed or texturized hair.
Download High Resolution Product Images: http://bit.ly/24mStPmairspray for flexible hold and all night memory.”
Pai-Shau hair care products are available exclusively at fine salons. For more information, please visit www.paishau.com
Photo: Getty Images