Celebrity hair stylist Robert Vetica styled bombshell American actress Amber Heard for the 2016 Metropolitan Costume Institute Gala. Robert gave Amber a clean and modern look, as hair was effortlessly slicked back with a voluminous twist to one side.
“For this look, I channeled the quintessential Bond girl, Ursula Andress. The look was structured yet sleek, and had a sophisticated edge that complimented Amber’s sultry features,” says Robert Vetica.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
– Beginning with a low side part, Robert blew out the hair with a round brush, aiming at a directional angle away from the face. For additional length, he added clip in hair extensions starting at the root.
– Once hair was dry, he mixed a small amount of water with Davines More Inside This Is A Volumizing Mousse ($36, davines.com) and reset the top with a medium round brush, continuing to blow dry away from the face.
– He then sprayed the hair with Davines More Inside This Is A Medium Hair Spray ($29, davines.com) as he backcombed the root for extra volume.
– Next, he sprayed Davines Essential MELU Shield ($32, davines.com) all over the hair as a heat protectant.
– Taking a 1¾ inch curling iron, he curled the top of the head in 2 inch sections, spraying each section with Davines More Inside This Is A Medium Hair Spray to give it hold. This ensured more volume on top as opposed to the sides.
– Working on the bottom half of the hair, he took the curling iron and applied heat from the root until about four inches above the end, in which he curled the hair again, securing the curl by pinning it just at the end. Robert repeated this step, and pinned the curls all around the head.
– He finished the look by spraying the hair with both Davines More Inside This Is A Medium Hair Spray and Davines More Inside This Is A Strong Hair Spray ($32, davines.com).
– Finally, he took out the pins and brushed the hair away from the face for this chic look.
Photo: Getty Images