Festival fashion now has an immense influence during spring time. It is a type of style that you can embrace in your everyday lives, especially when it comes to hair…
Festival hair is much about embracing the natural beauty within the whimsical, including, ribbons, braids, accessories and gypsy-like elements that transform a normal day of the week into something a little more magical. Denise Madrigal & Riawna Capri from Hair by 901 salon in L.A., share with us two very special how-to’s using UNITE Haircare products…
Half Up Braid by Denise Madrigal
1. Brush hair thoroughly to make sure it’s tangle free and easy to work with.
2. Part hair down the center. Section out the desired amount of hair to frame your face.
3. On one side start Dutch braiding downward and grabbing small sections from the top part (rather than both sides of the braid) and incorporate them into the braid.
4. Once you’ve braided to the back of your head, clip it away. Do the same to the other side. Once you’ve met the other braid in the back carefully cross the strands together to make one braid and secure it with an elastic.
5. Next, use UNITE’s EXPANDA Dust and lightly add it into the braid. Begin stretching or fluffing out the braid and secure with bobby pins.
6. Next, use a Hot Tools curling iron to create beautiful beach waves. To finish the look use UNITE’s TEXTURIZA Spray on the waves and lock your entire look with their GO365 hairspray.
Riawna Capri also sent us a fun twist on the popular boxer braid trend that celebrities like Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Zendaya and Kim Kardashian are sporting this summer. This intricate braid is surprisingly simple to do and will last for days!
Boxer Braid by Riawna Capri
1. Comb out hair and divide hair into two clean sections. (tip: smooth out hair with Hot Tools smoothing to make hair easier to work with).
2. Begin on one side by making a small (one inch) pony tail at the top of the braid. (Tip: Keep elastics somewhat loose so you will be able to pancake the braid out later).
3. Make another small ponytail right below the first one. (Tip: use a rat tail comb to section the hair for smooth and clean partings).
4. Divide the first pony tail into two equal sections.
5. Take the second ponytail and clip it up in between the first pony.
6. Section out a third small pony tail right below the second, be sure to include the hair from the first pony tail into the third pony.
7. Release the clip and repeat steps 4-6 down the rest of the head.
8. Once you have reached the bottom of the head you will no longer need to add in hair, you will just continue the pull through braid throughout the rest of the pony. To do this, add an elastic to the top pony about two inches down.
9. Next, make a hole in the middle of that two inch segment, and reach through the hole pulling through the bottom pony.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until you run out of hair.
11. Repeat steps 2-10 on the other side of the head.
12. Apply UNITE’s EXPANDA Dust all over the hair, this will be very helpful for expanding/or pancaking the braid and will also help the braid last.
13. Pancake or expand each section to make the braid as big and full as you desire.
14. Finish with UNITE’s SESSIONMAX Hairspray to lock this look into place.