It’s AIPP Awards time again as the 2016-17 competition gets under way. Remember that there’s time until June 30th, 2016 to get your entry in to one of the AIPP offices!
The 2016-2017 AIPP Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, October 16th, 2016 during the Alternative Hair Show 2016 in the prestigious surroundings of The Royal Albert Hall in London.
With a record of 647 entrants from 37 countries taking part in last year’s competition, more and more globally renowned hairdressers are participating in the even year-on-year.
How to Take Part!
If you are a hairdresser, it is easy to participate in the competition: just send a press release together with your latest hair fashion collection to be received no later than June 30th directly to one of the AIPP offices (Paris/Barcelona/Torino/Miami), marking on envelope “2016-2017 AIPP Awards”:
AIPP Paris Office
5 rue du Helder
75009 Paris (France)
AIPP Barcelona Office
Plaza Doctor Letamendi 3, 2-1
08007 Barcelona (Spain)
AIPP Torino Office
Via Cavour 50
10123 Torino (Italia)
AIPP Miami Office
104 Crandon Boulevard #Suite 307
33149 Key Biscayne, FL (USA)
– Send a CD/DVD including at least 3 pictures per collection – High Resolution TIFFs/JPGs along with their corresponding prints (standard DIN A4 to 8.5 x 11 inch size are accepted).
– The collection(s) has to be produced/launched in the last year (between 30 June 2015 and 20 June 2016).
– You can send as many collections as you wish but please specify the category you wish to enter: Best Commercial / Best Avant-Garde / Best Photo / Best Men / Best Video.
– In case you want to compete in the Best Video category, please do not send a DVD! Just e-mail a YouTube/Vimeo link to email@example.com. Also be aware we are looking for the most original & inspirational videos promoting a hairdresser/hair fashion collection. No step-by-step videos.
– Please write down full credits of the collection
– Include all your relevant contact details: salon name, address, e-mail, phone etc
THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ALL ENTRIES IS firstname.lastname@example.org
Held once a year, the AIPP Awards were launched in 1997 with the objective of recognising the best hair fashion collections in the world, judged by a panel of editors and publishers from magazines associated with the AIPP.
Today the awards include 5 categories:
• Best Avant-Garde Collection: recognizing work which has researched new, original, futuristic ideas.
• Best Commercial Collection: for styles which are easy to wear and simple to re-style.
• Best Photography: for the collection composed of the best pictures from the point of view of variety and attention to detail.
• Best Men’s Collection: in recognition of the marked increase of interest in men’s hair fashion.
• Best Video: for the best promotional/inspirational hairdressing video – we ask for a video/clip no longer than 3 minutes promoting a hairdresser/hair fashion collection (no step by step video).
The list of AIPP Awards winners includes the names of the best hairstylists in the world: Trevor Sorbie, Robert Lobetta, Toni&Guy, Klaus Peter Ochs, Sanrizz, Angelo Seminara, Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, X-Presion, Dessange Paris, Charlie Miller, Tono Sanmartín, Vidal Sassoon, Aldo Coppola, Guy Kremer, Rush, Llongueras and Christophe Gaillet, to name but a few.
Finalists’ collections will be included in the AIPP HAIRBEST YEARBOOK 2016-17, which will be published at the end of the year.