Redken Global Creative Director Guido juxtaposed two different eras to create a modern twist on a classic hairstyle at the Prada Fall/Winter 2016 show. Learn how to recreate the look!
“The Prada woman is always very powerful and appealing, but there’s also a slight edge and darkness to her. This season, there is a slight romance and antiqueness to the hair while tough in a way. There are small indications of another, older era but paired with a texture that makes it very modern and raw. The juxtaposition of two different eras and clashing of good and bad make it a very Prada setting. I started with very classic head of hair by curling it with an iron, but when paired with Wax Blast 10, I was able to pull the hair down and break up the richness. The side part that I dragged across the forehead creates a fallen apart look. I finished by spraying Forceful 23 hairspray to lock in the style and really emphasize the texture,” says Guido.
Get the Look!
1. Starting with dry hair, create a deep, messy side part on the left side of the head.
2. Using a 16mm curling wand, curl hair all over head to create tight, spiral curls.
3. Using your fingers, brush through the hair to break up the curls. Lightly mist the hair with water to further open up the texture and add weight.
4. Apply a dime-size amount of Redken Full Frame 07 all-over volumizing mousse to frame of face and hairline to flatten hair to head and create a wet sheen.
5. Liberally spray Redken Wax Blast 10 high impact finishing spray-wax all over, focusing on crown to mid lengths. As you apply the product, press hands to head in a downward movement to flatten the curls. Secure hair with clips to set in place as you flatten the curls in sections. Let hair set in place with clips for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Remove clips and reapply Redken Wax Blast 10 high impact finishing spray-wax to flattened section, combined with Redken Forceful 23 super strength hairspray for added hold. Push hair behind ears.