MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez created a tribal inspired braided crown on R&B Singer Ciara for the H&M fashion show during Paris Fashion Week. Please see below step-by-step from Cesar on how to get the look using MIZANI products.
“I usually always attend Ciara’s fittings. It helps me get inspired and prepare for the looks we will be doing. When I saw the look at the H&M showroom, I wanted to play off the fun patterns in the dress. I immediately thought something tribal, twisted, dreaded and maybe frizzy would complete her look,” said MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez.
How To Get the Look!
● To start, Cesar parted the hair down the center from front hairline to the crown. Then from the crown down to the neck, he zigzag parted to create an invisible part in the back.
● Next, Cesar started braiding down each side off the part using MIZANI DEFYNE WAX to really detail the braids. Once he started braiding off the head, he switched to a fishtail braid.
● Cesar then took a separate bundle of loose hair (custom blended) to match her color and made a long separate fishtail braid.
● He crossed and hair pinned the two loose ends in the back to sit right above the neck, then pinned in the separate fishtail like a headband behind the previous braid.
● Cesar then pulled on each strand of each braid and lightly sprayed MIZANI SHYNE Bodifying Sheen Spray for slip – this created all the loose frizzy texture.
● Cesar finished the look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for hold.