Inspired by the haunting enigma of the Dragon Lady, Empress Cixi, the Bibhu Mohapatra Fall 2016 Collection celebrated the prowess and poise of the mysterious female mind which solicits the seductive power of chaos and control. Learn how to recreate the style!
Amit Abraham, Master Stylist at Dop Dop Salon combined chaos and control with symmetric buns, one perfectly circular and the other that ascended into a wave-like form.
THE LOOK: CONTROLLED CHAOS
• First blow dry hair super straight and smooth.
• Part hair down the middle and tightly pull hair back into two symmetrical ponytails at the occipital bone.
• Twist ponytail hair into a flat bun on left side, being aware of the placement of bun so as not to peer out in front.
• Take right ponytail and wrap in fine hairnet then secure at the base and wave flat toward front right ear pinning inside of nest to create wave movement.
• Polish hair with strong hold gel to remove flyaways.
• Finish with hairspray and add hair accessory.
Photos by Luzena Adams