Discover a soft and textured take on the classic bouffant which gives this demure style a youthful playfulness. With dramatic volume on top and loose texture at the back, this modern look translates seamlessly from catwalk to reality for wearable glamour!
Maria Kovacs, TIGI European Session Director, created this look for London Fashion Week’s PPQ Fall/Winter 2016 show. Her inspiration? A fresh palette of pastels with dual textured boucle and mohair fabrics that meets relaxed jersey t-shirts for a youthful twist on Sixties chic.
“When I saw the collection, with all the fun colors and textures they are using, I wanted to do something playful with the hair. We took inspiration from the Sixties influence and introduced the half bouffant, then left the rest of the hair loose to allow movement for a youthful edger,” says Maria Kovacs.
Get the look!
1. Prep with Catwalk by TIGI Bodifying Spray, spraying onto damp hair from roots to ends.
2. Blow dry the hair back away from the face to smooth the cuticle.
3. Section the top of the hair into a horseshoe from recession to recession and use rollers to create volume. Set the hair with Catwalk by TIGI Work it Spray.
4. Once the hair has cooled, remove the rollers and backcomb the roots of the top section. Gather the top section of hair in your hands like a ponytail, twist and tuck back up under itself so you can no longer see the ends. Secure with pins.
5. Finish with Catwalk by TIGI Work It Spray.
Photos: Alex Barron-Hough for TIGI