Legendary stylist Odile Gilbert creates ethereal looks with Schwarzkopf Professional for Rodarte’s Fall/Winter 2016 show at New York Fashion Week.
“Each Rodarte model has a customized look that is natural and organic. The overall feeling is romantic with art nouveau inspired crowns and orchid and lily embellishments,” said Kate and Laura Mulleavy, Rodarte. “Undone natural romance. There is an angelic innocence to the hair that balances beautifully against the intricate clothing. The look is effortless; like she just woke up like this and embraces her unique texture,” explains Odile Gilbert for Schwarzkopf Professional.
Effortless Angel Waves
1. Prep hair by washing thoroughly with Odile’s favorite BC Bonacure Color Freeze SulfateFree Shampoo ($18), followed by conditioning with BC Bonacure Color Freeze Conditioner ($21) to seal in color and bring hair to optimal pH. Odile loves how this shampoo and conditioner duo creates a lightweight and longlasting protective barrier that sets the foundation for any look.
2. When the air is wet, apply OSiS+ Flatliner Flattening Iron Serum ($21) to seal the ends for controlled texture. Blow dry with a diffuser and using your fingers, take small sections and work hands into a twist and squeeze hair to create loose waves that feels effortless, easy, and undone.
3. Once dry, generously shake cultclassic OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder ($23.50) into hands, applying from mid length to ends of the hair with the same twisting and squeezing motion to create texture and wave. This must have powder gives controlled texture like no other it’s just about every stylist’s secret weapon for a lived in look without being weighted down.
Enchanted Undone Chignon
1. Follow steps 1-3 for Effortless Angel Waves.
2. Using fingers, pull back hair into a loose chignon and pin with bobby pins.
3. Pull out a few short whispering pieces to delicately frame the face.
4. Finish with a light mist of OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hair Spray ($19) to seal in the look. Elastic provides moveable, touchable, natural hold while protecting hair from the elements it’s a backstage staple.
Images Courtesy of GENTNER Photography
For additional information, please visit Schwarzkopf-ProfessionalUSA.com