The Vera Wang Fall/Winter 2016 hair design was created by runway stylist Paul Hanlon for Pai-Shau. Inspired by the collections’ rich textures, long, lean lines and strong hues, this season’s looks emphasized clean-looking, sculptural styles artfully tucked inside high necklines.
Fine, hidden side braids were made behind the ear to detail the airy looks and peek through as the hair moves. Hanlon followed the models’ own, natural hair partings for each look.
“It’s about the idea of a smaller rounded look: not pinned or sleeked, but with the hair emerging from an elongated design silhouette,” said Hanlon. “These looks are quite youthful and very pure. It’s all about healthy condition, rounded lines and hair that’s not at all over-styled.”
“Our key product for this look was Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex antioxidants. I used it on both damp and dry hair for a luminous shine and to smooth texture, but in a new, much lighter way. As a result, the hair looks fresh, since it can move freely. In fact, you can’t tell there’s anything in it.”
How the Look Was Created:
– Shampoo and Condition with Pai-Shau Replenishing Hair Cleanser and Pai-Shau Replenishing Cream Conditioner. Apply Pai-Shau Supreme Revitalizing Mask for five minutes, to create healthy, bouncy hair without weight.
– Apply Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex on wet hair to prime, smooth and protect the hair. Make sure to shake really well before applying, in order to activate its binary layers. Blow-dry the hair until it is about halfway dry.
– Apply Pai-Shau Style Soufflé mid-length to ends for soft, sculptural volume and to retain the hair’s hydration.
– Dry naturally, using hands only, without a brush.
– Once the hair is dry, apply a touch of Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion on the ends to smooth and hydrate, then blow dry the ends with a round brush.
– Take a two-inch section behind the ear and make a small braid, slightly past the hairline, then repeat on the opposite side. Though braids do not need to be identical on each side, they should be the same size.
– Use Pai-Shau Imperial Hold Hairspray throughout to add texture and hold the braid.
– Let the hair fall naturally, place the braid behind the ear, and tie the hair at the nape with a silicone elastic band to keep the shape in place. Then place the ends under a jacket or top.
– To finish, freely spray with Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray for flexible, moveable and natural looking hold.
Backstage Photos by David Webber for Pai-Shau / Runway Photos by John Stuart for Pai-Shau
For more information on Pai-Shau products, please visit www.pai-shau.com