Redken Global Creative Director Guido created an effortlessly chic look featuring a combination of slicked back hair and low ponytails at Victoria Beckham’s Fall/Winter 2016 show.
“Victoria Beckham has established a beauty identity and message about her woman which is this very minimal, wearable idea of beauty that’s almost what real women do with their hair. We’ve amped up your everyday ponytail into something special with the help of styling products and tools. The look is a simple, low ponytail that creates a very dramatic head shape. I applied my base products – Redken pillow proof blow dry express treatment primer and Redken satinwear 02 – to damp hair to protect it from the heat of the tools, and also to help groom the hair. To sophisticate the look, I finished with Redken triple take 32 to create a jewel-textured ponytail with hard shine in the front and softness in the back. The overall aesthetic is a modern woman who is almost futuristic; not in a fantastical way but instead very wearable,” says Guido.
Guido Palau and his team used the ghd award-winning range of stylers – including the new ghd platinum® styler, ghd hairdryers, brushes and the curve curling range to create Victoria Beckham’s FW2016 trends!
Get the Look!
1. Apply one pump of Redken pillow proof blow dry express treatment primer to damp hair and comb through to cut blow dry time and provide heat protection.
2. Follow by working a nickel-size amount of Redken satin wear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion throughout damp hair.
3. Directionally blow dry hair toward back of head, simultaneously creating a clean hair line, grooming the hair back as you go using both your fingers and a brush.
4. Once hair is dry, liberally spray Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray to the crown of the head for shine, texture and hold. Using your fingers, groom hair back into a very low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
5. Using a one-inch curling iron, take small sections of the ponytail and create soft bends in the hair for added movement.
6. To finish, lightly spray Redken triple take 32 extreme high-hold hairspray once more to crown and ponytail for lasting shine and hold.